Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm a grandma at heart.

It's a Friday and I'm a 22 year old -single- college student. I should have crazy plans with crazy friends to do crazy things that we will look back on and undoubtedly regret. Instead, I am looking forward to watching dateline and 20/20 and ordering take-out with two of my best friends... and I really am looking forward to it! Who does that?! Welp, we do apparently... Grannies for life.
I never would've imagined my life to be this way and I'm sure my friends in Texas are shaking their heads in disbelief, but I am in fact a hermit. Since it's April I am blaming the weather to be a partial factor, but in all honesty I am really content with where I'm at and what I'm doing with my life. I have been blessed with some of the most loyal of friends that I can honestly say will be a part of my life forever and a large part of that is because of and with thanks to my granny-like qualities. These friends know who they are and can almost be considered more like-unto family than friends. I'm grateful and excited to be a part of one of my best friends weddings in October. Brittany and her fiance Will embody a partnership that's hard to explain because of it's ingenuity and I can't wait to be there surrounded by some of our closest friends when she walks down the aisle.  I have learned that it's not losing a friend as they get married, but gaining a new one who shares a common ground of love for an individual. (Shout out to ya B, love you) So as I think about these traits that are both innate and learned that have greatly benefitted my life, I can't help but encourage the rest of you to embrace some of the more subtle pleasures in life as we all seek for high quality relationships and meaning.


Some of the friends I'm excited to see at Britter's wedding!! Minus Taylor... who was too busy being a genius and graduating with a 4.0 a year early. (This was at her graduation)


Furthermore, I'd like to bring to everyones attention that beyond this miserable weather lurking in Utah there is now a miserable man who has been freed from the mental hospital and is sure to be lurking in the creepy hills behind my house. Please look into this because I for one am appalled. Utah Sex Offender to be Freed...

On a lighter note, here's some retail eye-candy!:



To do list: buy bronze oxfords from Banana Republic.

I spy with my little eye David Yurman accessories. I likey.

I could look at her style all day every day. I love it. 

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0